One of the best things about spring is new baby chickies! This is year four for our hens, so most likely their last year of significant laying. So we've started to cycle in a few more chickens to our flock: this year, three buff rocks.
This is so fun for all of us, and the girls, of course, are beside themselves with joy. They just love holding the baby chicks. The cat is miserable, as she knows there are some tasty morsels in our house, but she isn't let anywhere near them. I TAT I TAW A PUDDY TAT!!! This is compounded by the fact that Sadie is a big ole fat cat on a diet.
The big challenge is keeping them warm enough. Tonight I have a seedling heat mat under the cage.
When Audrey was holding hers for the first time it promptly fell asleep in her little hands. So cute!!
Denver!
8 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment